MONOGRAMMED BEACH BAG
Missy and I are holidaying with her cousins Scarlett and Tallulah who are 3 and 5 and I wanted to make them all the same beach bags, which they could also use, on the plane. To make the travel easier on them all I have stuffed each bag full of goodies that hopefully will keep them occupied!
Make time 30 mins
Great for Kids bags for any occasions
What you need:
36” x 20”of cotton fabric
1 meter cord
Glitter fabric paint
Gem setter – optional
1. Lay your fabric out wrong side up and fold over ¼” hem on each long side and press with hot iron.
2. Stitch along the seams you’ve just pressed.
3. Now ¼” fold the top and bottom and press.
4. At the top fold again this time 1” and sew as close to the edge as you can. This is the channel where the drawstring will run through.
5. Fold the whole piece of fabric in half with the right sides together and press lightly.
6. Sew along each side from just below the cord channel to the bottom of the bag.
7. Turn the bag right side out and gently push the corners out.
8. Attach a safety pin to one end of the cord and thread it through the channel at the top of the bag. When it’s completely through remove the safety pins and ties the cord ends together.
9. For the monogram simply draw with pencil the letters you require and carefully paint them with glitter fabric paint. I then used my Gem setter to add an extra bit of sparkle!