Thursday 19 August 2010

Liberty print Toddler dress

Liberty 'Millie' Tana Lawn

Where there's a will there's a way
Today is my God Daughters birthday.   Yesterday morning I decided to make her a dress for a present.  I took myself off to Liberty (my favourite store of all time) and spent too much money on fabric and trimmings.   Yesterday afternoon my sewing machine broke!!!   Not knowing anyone locally who sews I seriously considered hand sewing until I remembered 'The Make Lounge'.   'The Make Lounge' is a wonderful craft store on Barnsbury Street in Islington that offers fabulous fabrics and workshops in just about everything, they also offer 'Open Studio Time' at £7 an hour which provides everything you need to start and finish your sewing project.   In truth they saved the day.   
Liberty 'Millie' Tana Lawn print


I ran in there with my bundle of fabric at 2.30pm and left at 4.00pm with this pretty dress.   Running out of cotton was no problem as the shop had everything I could possibly have needed.   The delightful owner, Jennifer will even make you a cup of tea.  


I am now looking to buy a new sewing machine, but if that takes a little while I now at least know where to go.

CM x

AudreysTeaShop said...

Gorgeous! Wish I lived somewhere I could just 'pop in' to Liberty!