Necklace T-shirt with gems!
How cute are these! With the weather hotting up again these are perfect for the little ones to stay chic in the heat.
MAKE TIME: 2 hours + drying time
GREAT FOR: Stylish girls
WHAT YOU NEED:
Plain cotton t-shirt
Swarovski flat back crystals - hotfix or self adhesive
15cm square scrap of co-ordinating fabric
Needle & thread
- Fold the t-shirt in half length wise and iron a crease so you can see where the centre of the shirt is.
- Next place a piece of paper in between the front and back of the shirt to avoid any of the paint bleeding through onto the back of the shirt.
- Using either the fabric paint applicator, a paint brush, or a pencil end, paint the beads in rows around the neck edge, you might find it useful to use a pin head for the tiny beads. Continue until you have desired amount of necklaces and leave to dry.
- For 3D fabric paint puff up according to the instructions but make sure the paint is totally dry.
- If you have a Hotfix Applicator for gem setting you can add a little sparkle to the bigger beads if not you can use self adhesive gems but they won't wash as well.
- To make the corsage you need to cut a circle of fabric between 10 & 15 cm in diameter depending on the size of the shirt - it's useful to use a saucer or small plate to draw around. Fold over 0.5 cm to the wrong side of the fabric and press. Using a running stitch sew along the folded edge all the way around and then gather the fabric into a rosette by pulling the thread tightly and secure with a few small stitches. Sew a button in the middle or another smaller rosette. Add a brooch pin to the back for easy removal of the corsage before washing.
And there you have it, a totally adorable t-shirt.