Wednesday 14 April 2010

Quilters Organiser

Quilters Organiser



Quick post today to share with you this super splendid organiser I have just made to assist in my new obsession - quilting!   Having visited the V&A exhibition of quilts from 1700 - 2010, I am now desperate to make one myself.   Not knowing where to start I went to Liberty of London where they were also exhibiting patchwork and applique quilts and decided I needed some sort of organiser to keep all my ideas & fabric swatches together along with needles and pins.   



Made from wool felt I chose a simple pattern from Dandelion Designs and customised it to my needs. 

  
I always find my scissors mysteriously disappear so having a pouch for them seemed an ideal solution and a place to keep the all important tape measure was essential.  I also finally found a use for my hoard of single vintage buttons.



Finally I found this great woven label at Beyond Fabrics my local haberdashery store which I think finished it off perfectly.  



Now I just need to try making a quilt!

CM XXX

Leave a Comment