BLACK CAT HALLOWEEN CRAFT
Ever wondered how to turn a wooden spoon into a black cat, no, well you're about to find out anyway. It's very easy, lots of fun and will keep your little ones perfectly occupied on a rainy afternoon.
Difficulty level Easy Peasy
Great for All ages
Cost Under a fiver
Make time 3o mins
What you need:-
2 black pipe cleaners
craft bubble eyes (available from most craft shops
or on-line at Amazon)
scrap of black felt for ears
scrap of red felt or card for mouth
black ribbon for tail
- Paint the spoon black all over.
- Bend the pipe cleaners in half and cut at the bend. Place the 3 lengths of pipe cleaner flat and pinch together in the middle. Wrap the bottom pipe cleaner round the centre once to fix whiskers in place and trim each end to even up. Stick with a strong glue to the bowl of the spoon.
- Glue the eyes in place above the whiskers.
- Cut the red scrap of felt or card into a triangle and glue in place for the mouth
- Cut two triangles out of black felt and glue in place for the ears.
- Finally glue the ribbon to the bottom of the spoon to create a tail.
Hey pesto you have a perfect accessory for Halloween night. Next week I'll be finishing the No Sew Costume.