Sunday 25 March 2012

WORLD BOOK DAY

Recently Missy's school celebrated World Book Day by asking each pupil to come to school dressed as their favourite book character.   Confident she would want to go as Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz, as this is her favourite book, film, soundtrack, theatre production and anything else Oz related I sat back and relaxed as I had already started making a blue gingham dress for her forthcoming birthday party.    Finally I got round to actually asking her who she wanted to be the night before the big day and she told me Stick Man by Julia Donaldson.


After several hours of trying to convince her Dorothy would be a better option I gave up and started to cut out leaves from green felt and search through her wardrobe for anything brown - not easy when this girl is as clued up as Tavi Gevinson and brown is definitely not this season.


2 hours later, with a bit of hand sewing and a lot of fabric glue I had a costume and she looked so gorgeous. 


On arrival at school the next day with a class full of Superhero's and Disney Princesses I was so happy my little girl is already showing a creative streak.

CM x

Leave a Comment