Celebrate with Spin
Missy gave her Daddy BBQ sauce and a cute spinning card for Father's day. A truly combined effort as she chose the photo and I kept firm hold of the craft knife!
Make time: 1 hour
Great for: birthday cards
What you need:
Coloured card 24cm x 16cm
Photo 5 x 5cm
String or cord
- Using a ruler divide the coloured card 24cm edge by 3, marking each 8 cm point with a pencil.
- Using your ruler or a bone folder fold the card at each 8cm point
- Fold the left panel over the middle panel & secure with a paper clip. These two panels together form the front of the card.
- Using the pencil and ruler mark a 6cm square on the front of the card.
- Using a craft knife carefully cut out the square through both layers of card.
- Take one piece of the cut out square card and cut it into a 5 square.
- Take your photo and cut it into a 5 cm square.
- Next take your cord or string and cut a 12cm length, now glue the string between the photo and the 5cm piece of card.
- Remove the paper clip on the main card and slip the stringed photo in the fold of the middle flap, positioning the photo in the middle of the hole. Glue the string to the middle flap.
- Finally glue the left panel to the middle panel.