LAST MINUTE BIRTHDAY PARTY
My poor blog has been neglected of late but a last minute birthday party is just what I needed to get my competitive skills going again. This time it's a bit of healthy sibling rivalry as it's my sisters birthday on Sunday and I thought I would throw her a little party. With very little time I've devised this 'One Week Party Planner' to make it as easy as 1, 2, 3 or Hip Hip Hooray!
'One Week Party Planner'
- Guest List
- Call or email invites.
- Decide on menu & cake
- Order on-line grocery delivery for Friday.
- Order cake if not making it.
- Decide on decorations, party bags & games.
- Purchase supplies for decorations, party bags and games.
- Put together party bags and any games.
- Tidy and clean room where party is being held.
- Put up decorations.
- Clean and organise plates, platters, cutlery and glasses.
- Make or collect pre-ordered cake
- Prepare as much food as possible
- Collect flowers, games & balloons.
- Layout all food and cover with cling-film.
- Chill drinks in the fridge
Now you have a clear idea of what needs doing it's time to get on with it. To keep things manageable I would always recommend a menu that you've had some experience off, either you've made some of the dishes before or bought and enjoyed them from the store. If you've never thrown a party try and think of some you've been to and what you liked and didn't like about the food. If all else fails just copy my menu as I promise it will be scrumptious!
Indonesian Ginger Chicken
Jasmine rice salad with snap peas
Mixed leaf salad
Cheese board & crackers
Coconut Birthday Cake
Mini sausages on sticks
So, there you have it for day one. I have a guest list of family and friends who have been called or emailed and a menu of easy tried and tested recipes and ready made food. Sign up and see how day 2 of 'one week party planner goes.
Bye for now