For all you Competitive Mums out there with reputations to keep but little time and even less energy, here is a quick, credit crunching Homemade token of love. Here are the two I have made - one for Competitive Dad and the other for my one and only Missy!
- Difficulty level As complicated as you want to make it!
- Cost £3 each
- Great for anyone you love
- Make time 30 minutes
What you need:
- Pretty paper. Scrapbook paper or wrapping paper.
- Single hole punch
- scrap ribbon
- scrap pattern paper
- 3D foam pads
- heart cookie cutter (optional)
- silver pen
- chocolate hearts
- Using the heart cookie cutter as a template draw & cutout two hearts on pattened paper.
- Stick the two hearts together using the 3D foam pads. These can be placed approximatley 1cm apart and 1 cm in from the edge, remembering to leave the top open for your sweets.
- Once your hearts are together, use the single hole punch to create a pattern around the edge. You can buy border hole punches for more intricate patterns and my favourites are from Martha Stewart.
- Next you need to punch two holes in the back heart to thread your ribbon through.
- Using any scrap patterned paper you have cut out hearts or butterflies to embelish your pockets. I also cut little squares and wrote personal messages which I stuck on the front with 3D foam pads.
- Finally fill with yummy heart shaped chocolates or red & white jelly beans.